Friday, March 02, 2007

Along the road

In one of my games, I came accross a mate that I learn through CT-art.

Ct-art N° 425





1...Qg4+ 2.Kg2 [2.Bxg4 hxg4+ 3.Kh4 g5+ 4.Kh5 Rxh2#] 2...Rxe2+ 3.Kg1 Qe4-+



This is the position from the game.

White just grabbed the pawn on a7. Black to move.




At first sight it looks that white has a tight grip on the game. Black will soon give white a kind of reverse "Kramnik move". (My opponent went after playing Rxa7 to the toilet). When he got back I thought he would go for the toilet again after I played my move.

2 Comments:

Blogger BlunderProne said...

Let's see.

1...Qf1+; 2Kh4, g5+ 3.fxg5, hxg5+ 4Kh5, Qh3#

I believe that's forced... Nice!

6:27 AM  
Blogger Montse said...

Yes that was the main threat. So my opponent eventually played 4. Qxg5, very brave, and I recaptured with the rook.

10:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home