Friday, December 16, 2005

Along the road

Finished mini-circle 1 (ex 1-617) for the fourth time. It does go quicker and quicker. I must be in the memorization phase. I am wondering if I reverse the colours and play the inverse position, it eventually would go as good. Maybe I can test this out afterwards. In the meantime I plugging through the cycles, well more correctly my devised mini-circles.

The danger with the memorization phase is that you stop thinking about every possible capture or intervening move that can be played. You already know that it will result in a mate or a more advantage position.


So I decided to follow the next regimen :

1. the first three cycles of every mini-circle I explain to myself why the moves that have been played are more likely. If I come across a move that I would have played differently, I'll check it out with crafty. In this why I hope to understand why for instance my original idea has been refuted and/or why the move showed by the program is better.

2. the next 4 cycles of every mini-circle will be for memorization of the pattern.



After the cycles I will categorize the attacks on the kingside in CT-art and try to systematize some basic rules on when an attack will be succesful or not. Quite ambitious If I may say!

In our level of play it often happens that we misjudge our opponents threats. We take unsoud threats for real and come afterwards to the painful conclusion that he or she had no threat at all. You probably had just ruined a good position.

Pretty awful, I must say, but never despair! There are mainy ways to improve your position. Try some garlic.



Current status: Cycle 4

Mini circle 1 (1 - 617ex.)

Level 1 – completed – score 100%
Level 2 – completed – score 98%
Level 3 – completed – score 97%

2 Comments:

Blogger takchess said...

"After the cycles I will categorize the attacks on the kingside in CT-art and try to systematize some basic rules on when an attack will be succesful or not. Quite ambitious If I may say!"

I would find this very interesting. I know that Blokh
did do some categorizing by motif.it's buried in the link below.

http://takchess.blogspot.com/2005_05_01_takchess_archive.html

4:22 AM  
Blogger Ed Doyle said...

This is excellent progress. well done

2:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home