Sunday, October 30, 2005

To beer or not to beer

Finished the first cycle and with this level 9 with a score of 54%. I managed to keep my score above the 50%. I never thought that I would succeed. Well, to be honest I am glad it is over coz i thought it was at times very, very hard. I will do the 7 circles but I will also include some modifications. Perhaps some smaller in between exercises as complementary material.I will give it a thought.

Current status: Cycle 1

Level 1 – completed – score 99%
Level 2 – completed – score 92%
Level 3 – completed – score 85%
Level 4 – completed – score 70%
Level 5 – completed – score 68%
Level 6 – completed – score 59%
Level 7 – completed – score 55%
Level 8 – completed – score 51%
Level 9 – completed – score 54%

Last week, I played a game, got smashed coz I messed up (oversight counter-attack). I took revenge last friday against another opponent. He had to suffer for my previous loss. The former was played without beer, the latter with.

Could this be a sign from Caissa?

4 Comments:

Blogger Blue Devil Knight said...

Fantastic: one of the few knights to actually use all 9 levels! You must have an excellent tactical eye.

7:52 PM  
Blogger CelticDeath said...

I won a spactular victory over a higher rated opp yesterday in Chessville's OCL U1900 Round 6 while drinking wine. Sometimes, the alcohol doesn't affect performance, but I think I've lost more than I've won by drinking and playing.

6:57 AM  
Blogger Montse said...

I drink a glass of strong beer or a small bottle during the game to calm down my nerves. Not too much otherwise it can have an adverse effect, and that i like to avoid.

concerning the tactical eye: I make a lot of mistakes, especially I have the bad habit of calculating only the lines which favours me and not all the lines. And this can lead to BIG NASTY surprises

8:45 AM  
Blogger Pawnsensei said...

I vote for beer.

PS

10:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home